After weeks, months even, of complete indecision and sleepless nights wondering what would be the best thing to do, the decision was made for me.
All the 'what if's' and 'maybes' blown away in an instant. Buying the 'country house' was part of a long term plan to cut expenses, earn a little income from the extra apartment and be present as a dedicated childcare provider so my daughter could return to work when their dream of starting a family came true. A three family home which for now is home to my daughter and two tenant families but which soon enough will be my home.
I wasn't sure if I was making the right move after all. Both my sons' plans changed and there was a real feeling of responsibility to them but how long do I go on making choices in the interests of others. Although not out of their teens, they are both working, possibly studying and more than capable of setting themselves up even if it's not with the level of comfort they are used to.
So, there was hesitation about keeping my commitment to buy the country house. Not any more.
It's still a closely guarded secret (I can write here because,let's face it, no one who knows me or my family will read this!) but my daughter told me last night she is expecting my first grandchild! *Insert every celebratory sound effect* So, there will be a need for me to be closer to her in about a year and that would just about perfectly fit the timetable for closing the agreement to buy the house once and for all.
There's the minor detail of having to sell this house of course but I'm hoping the market is turning (even if it is ever so slowly) and I can get a reasonable price in a relatively short period of time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment